Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Living Room


Holy shit.... I watched The Living Room last night.... what the fuck is this show?
Is this Channel Tens version of Better Homes and Garden? Cause if it is... way off.

Firstly I have to ask... where did this Miguel come form? His laugh annoyed the hell out of me. The batteries on my remote went flat cause every time he laughed, I had to turn the volume down.

What bothers me about this show is, why is there is a live audience when nothing happens in the studio? 
If something actually happened in the studio, fair enough but everything is pre-recorded. The only thing the audience experienced was the bullshit banter between the host Amanda Keller and the three stooges Chris Brown, Miguel Maestre and Barry Du Bois (is that a French surname with Barry at the front?). 
Actually there was one interactive thing the audience did get to do and that was to vote on a new and interesting product that the three stooges presented on a segment creatively named Hot Or Not. And even then Amanda Keller pretty much forced which way the audience should vote
Channel Ten advertise this show to be different and unique but the segments are like every other lifestyle show, except they're boooooring. Such as an Aussie singer showing off her home, catching yabbies from a farm dam and cooking them in cider, visiting a 'newly and and innovating australian designed house' and an ex MasterChef contestant that got kicked out the the day before, cooking a recipe... original! 


Once again another shitty Australian TV show that will most likely get axed. I rather watch the Better Homes and Garden or re-runs of Burkes Backyard.

Enough of this show, I got to go... Happy Days is on.

1 comment:

  1. Hey mate, lay off my favourite fucking TV show. Sure, I totally accept that this is your opinion but many people absolutely love this show, and I am one of them. Honestly, your rather one-sided view of The Living Room disappoints me. Sure, The Living Room may be a bit corny, maybe even seedy, but it has a witty anchor in Amanda Keller (who is my idol) and "The Three Stooges," as you so politely called them, or as they should have the courtesy to be referred to as Barry Du Bois, Chris Brown and Miguel Maestre, play off each other, and Amanda, extremely well. I could not ask for a better team, or panel if you like for this show. It is a bright addition to a somewhat dreary Channel 10. And as for Hot or Not, Amanda does not manipulate the audience, as you said. she just gives a summary of what she thinks of the product but leaves the audience to make up their mind. The one thing I do actually appreciate about your post, is the meme with Miguel Maestre cooking with that stupid bitch from MasterChef. Although this does not amuse me because Miguel is a dick, for he isn't, but because MasterChef is being compared to The Living Room and thought superior. Of course, in a fair world everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but also, in a fair world not everyone agrees with your opinion. You may believe this is biased, and that's okay by me. Perhaps, just perhaps I expect too little from The Living Room, which is why I adore it. Honestly, I sincerely doubt it. You may be a critic with a moderate vocabulary, but I'm an eleven year old with perfect spelling and grammar and a precise and large vocabulary. So sweetie, before you go slagging The Living Room off again, just ignore it, because then you won't get remarks like this, and you won't have to watch it. But, I don't care if you have a conspiracy against The Living Room or want to wage a war on it because I'm not an avid fan of this blog nor do I even like you, but whatever you do, don't go mocking Amanda Keller again. Because not only will I find you, I will notify Amanda Keller. Believe me she will not be happy. Perhaps the most disappointing thing about your blog though, is that your reasonable talent is wasted on putting down TV shows that are actually good.

    Sabrina Katerelos, 11 years old

    ReplyDelete